Ok, so 2021 may not have got off to the best start. Another UK Lockdown certainly wasn’t the plan, but I have made peace with it. If my part to help the effort is to stay at home, I certainly will. It has given me time to reminisce on 2020.
Despite it’s chaos, I am grateful for 2020. It was a huge year for Lucy Newson Photography; transitioning from being Equine & Canine focused to Rural Lifestyle.
The reason for this change?
I always loved photographing horses, dogs and their owners, but after each photoshoot I would leave feeling that I had only just scratched the surface of their relationships together and I wanted to photograph more; their home, their lifestyle, their family. Their full story. If Covid-19 has taught us anything, I believe it is that life can change so quickly and that those around us play the most important part in our lives. The Rural Lifestyle Photoshoots I now offer capture this perfectly, and I am over-the-moon to be able to offer this once in a lifetime experience.
Despite the 2020 Lockdowns (they seem so long ago now!) I had many highlights, including;
- I was awarded my Licentiate with the British Institute of Professional Photography
- 3 Campbell Ducklings joined my flock; Delilah, Darcey & Dorothy
- I had a 6 month 1:1 Mentorship with the lovely ladies at The Training Barn
- Between lockdowns I was able to photograph and capture special memories with my lovely clients
- I had my first ever glamping experience at Worcester Glamping whilst photographing for a client (gifted)
- We started renovating our new home and making plans for the future
- I got to spend more time at home with my family
There are already lots of plans underway for 2021. I have chosen three words to focus on for the year ahead… these are;
Creativity. Growth. Focus.
2021 may not be off to the strongest start, but I cannot wait to see what the following months will bring.